Adding more wort to fermenting batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bl00

Reaction score
Late night brewing lead to mistake for me. I was scaling down a dunkelweiss recipe, but forgot to reduce the amount of hops that I added. I only realized this upon tasting the wort. It currently has around 3x the hops that the recipe calls for, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to salvage the batch (I tasted the wort, was way too bitter for what I was going for). It was originally an all-grain small batch, but I'm assuming that extract will be the easiest way to fix it. I have wheat lme in the mail, which should be here next week. I also have more yeast coming in.

I have two thoughts at the moment on how to fix this batch:
1) Brew some wheat lme separately with new yeast, mix with the dunkel beer at the end of each batch's fermentation.

2) Boil up some lme and add to existing dunkel wort- this should be 8-9 days after yeast pitching. Would this be too late? Or would it work to add wort with some extra/new yeast to the existing beer?

Thanks for any help!

I'd go for choice one. Blending two beers to taste is a great way to fix a beer.

Latest posts

Back