adding more beer to keg after carbing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnstr71

Reaction score
Hey all. So, I have a question.
8 kegged my 1st beer this wknd. Turned out wonderful. When I filled the keg, I ended up with an xtra 22 ounce bottle. Is it possible to dump this in keg with the beer that's already carbed and set back to searving pressure. Or should I just kiss it goodbye?

As long as the leftover beer was cared for, there shouldn't be any problem with adding it to the keg. Try to do so quietly to minimize any oxygenation.

And, fwiw, serving pressure should always match the appropriate carbonation pressure for the beer temperature...

Cheers!

Thanx. I think I will just toss it. Idont wanna risk infecting 5 gal.s for 1 22. Is there a chart u can refer me to? My fridge is around 38 degrees

I only had 1 22oz. Left over. Cuz I had slightly more than 5 gal.s. I just put it in a sterilized bottle and figured Id see what people though about adding it later. There's no dextrose...so it would be flat. Which is not too bad at just 1 bottle. Lol

Could have just thrown a teaspoon of table sugar in and let it prime. I usually shoot for 6 gal so I can keg 5 and bottle a few....

I thought about doin that but was afraid of a bottle bomb. I will try it out, however

Prime it , cap it , let it carb, drink it. If your worried at carb level or volume put it in a plastic screw top bottle (a fizz bottle).

Back