adding funny requests to special instructions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenArmBrewing

Reaction score
So I've been ordering a lot of stuff online, and my buddies turned me onto adding funny things to the special instructions area. hilarious!
This was sent from a shaving company when I requested that they include a drawing if Mr T shaving his mohawk!

ForumRunner_20121026_135322.jpg

GREAT idea. Might make the employees in fulfillment have a slightly less boring job, toO!

One time when ordering from AHS I asked them to put "(my name) is way cooler than (wife's name)" on the box. Sure enough when I got the package they had written just that on the box. I thought it was hilarious. The wife just kind of shook her head at me. :D

I order a lot of my guitar strings and such from Sweetwater and noticed that sometimes they send candy with your order. So I wrote on the special instructions "tootsie rolls". When I received my $10 order I had 50 freakin tootsie rolls. :D

I order a lot of my guitar strings and such from Sweetwater and noticed that sometimes they send candy with your order. So I wrote on the special instructions "tootsie rolls". When I received my $10 order I had 50 freakin tootsie rolls. :D

That is great. I might need to replace my strings very soon. Wonder if they have Pop Rocks...

Ya I change my strings every 2 weeks on my Gibson Songwriter Deluxe, plus I have 4 or 5 other guitars I play from time to time, so I order a lot, been thinkin bout just order a case.

Sweet sketch!

I often do something similar and get a chuckle by adding 2-3 titles with my name.

Lord Sir LeBreton III Esq. for example.

Or often

Right Rev. LeBreton (got that one from a drop down menu)

I'm not going for outrageous...I like the fact they take the time to read the special instructions and actually do it! Think about how happy that person was when they read a silly request, do it, and send it off wondering what the person will think about. Then they tell their friends what happened...we tell ours and everybody stays happy for a bit.

Let's keep this post going! Everybody add a small request and post the question and the result! We need the request in the invoice to validate that it wast faked! No cheaters

I'm putting in an order to NB today.. I'll let you know what I come up with :)

Great! Can't wait. I had a buddie who ordered a red ale kit, and asked them to include elmo brewing his red ale, and they came up with an awesome drawing!

So I received a delivery from Midwest supply. I added in the special comment like "please include a hand drawn Oscar the grouch paddeling his can with a mash paddle in a keg of beer".

I was excited to see what would become of my comment. I've seen some pretty good responses to suck comments, but all I got was what I ordered and a thick dark black scribble across me special instructions

This means a couple of things to me.....they read it, and have no sense of humor, they do not even care to attempt to fulfill my request, probably dislike their job, and did not want the second person who checked the order to see said request...

There have to be others out there who have tried and failed, or tried and was successful... Let's hear!

Well here is a picture of the management at williams brewing. Just came today.

ForumRunner_20131108_162504.jpg

Edit.
Adventures in homebrewing sorry not williams

Latest posts

Back