adding flat beer to carbonated keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desrever

Reaction score
I have a Saison that I liked so much I brewed it again I still have about a gallon on draft still I was wondering if it's possible to add flat fermented beer to a already carbonated beer? Something tells me it might not work so I thought I would ask.

Thanks

You can add the flat brew, but the carbonation will be proportionally flattened at the minimum, and if the flat beer is warm that will also tend to flatten the mix even more.

So, bottom line is you'll have to carb up the mix...

Cheers!

Thanks for the tips.
I can get both beers to the same temps without much problem and the re-carb isn't a problem either I was just scared that if I did it I might end up with a room filled with beer foam.... So I thought I would ask if anyone had any experience with it.

as long as you put the filling hose below the surface of the older beer (like sitting on the bottom) and keep the pressure low, I wouldn't think it'd foam up as long as it's the same temp, if you're mixing temps, that will probably cause a lot of foam...

Latest posts

Back