Adding fireball to an apple cinnamon wheat ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen pieske

Reaction score
So I am brewing an apple cinnamon wheat ale next. And I was wondering if anyone knows if fireball would be good in it? If so how much should I add? Also if i do add it. Should i do it before the primary fermenting? Or before secondary?

It sounds like it would be good. Fireball is already very cinnamon so I wouldn't add any to the beer in addition to the Fireball. I brewed a hard cider and I just add a shot of Fireball to each glass before I pour. That way if I want just cider I can do that by not adding the shot. A shot of Fireball seems to work perfect. Since Fireball contains sugar I would add it like this(shot per glass). It may lose it's Fireball characteristic if it goes through fermentation.

Interesting idea. I’d find a better cinnamon whiskey though. Jim Beam makes a pretty good one that doesn’t taste like sugar and chemicals, it actually tastes like whiskey with cinnamon.

Interesting idea. I’d find a better cinnamon whiskey though. Jim Beam makes a pretty good one that doesn’t taste like sugar and chemicals, it actually tastes like whiskey with cinnamon.

How much would you put in a 5 gallon batch?

Allen,
Kegged or bottled? You can use liqueur for priming sugar if you are bottling. Check out https://blog.eckraus.com/bottling-home brew-with-flavored-liquor.

For legging you might consider cinnamon extract. We used to get it at the drugstore to make hot toothpicks. Pour a pint of beer and measure as you add extract until it tastes the way you like, then scale up the amount by 40 (40 pints in 5 gallons) and add that much to the keg.

Allen,
Kegged or bottled? You can use liqueur for priming sugar if you are bottling. Check out https://blog.eckraus.com/bottling-home brew-with-flavored-liquor.

For legging you might consider cinnamon extract. We used to get it at the drugstore to make hot toothpicks. Pour a pint of beer and measure as you add extract until it tastes the way you like, then scale up the amount by 40 (40 pints in 5 gallons) and add that much to the keg.

I am bottling

Back