Adding Cinnamon to AppleJack?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratboy

Reaction score
First time homebrewing. I made edworts applewine and after fermentation I added campden tablets. After a couple days I bottled it and then freeze concentrated about 1.75L applewine down to ~750ml applejack. I was wondering how to go about adding cinnamon flavor to the 750ml of applejack. I've got cinnamon sticks on hand but am worrisome that If I put a stick or two in the applejack that re-fermentation could occur. Should I not be worried and go ahead with it or do I have to add potassium sorbate or k-meta first?

Also wondering about whether the cinnamon flavor will come out better in the fridge or at room temp.

If its already bottled don't worry about the cinnamon. When your serve it just drop a stick into the glass and pour over it.

If you haven't bottled, just drop a stick or two into whatever container you're using. Taste periodically until you get the flavor you're looking for then remove the cinnamon.

Alternatively, and this is probably a better choice given the small volume you're working with, you could use cinnamon extract flavoring. Again, you can add it to each individual glass or the entire bottle. I'd go with adding it to each glass to keep my options open.

Have not thought bout that. I've got 3 gal to freeze so I might have to try it with a gal to see how it taste. Thanks for the idea!!

Alright thanks for the info and ideas!

I have the applejack in two mason jars right now, not exactly "bottled."
I'll put a full stick in one and half in the other jar and just leave them for a week or until the next social gathering.

I'll try the extract, cinnamon or other, next time I make wine/brandy.

Back