Adding apricot puree to secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerAddikt

Expert Beer Quaffer
Reaction score
I'm planning on using Vinters Harvest apricot puree for an apricot blonde I'm brewing and I'm wondering how in the heck am I going to get 3 lbs of puree into the narrow neck of my better bottle.

Any suggestions outside of using a funnel which also seems futile? Maybe heating it before hand will make it easier?

If its the canned stuff just sanitize the entire can with label off and then do the old "V" notch in the lid and just pout it in. That stuff is like pouring water.

Cheers
Jay

I made my apricot puree with 2 cans of apricots (it called for 4, but they were too expensive) and a little water in a blender, then I boiled it with another cup of water and 1/2 cup of honey for 5 min. Pretty sure it would have flowed through a funnel with no problem.

If its the canned stuff just sanitize the entire can with label off and then do the old "V" notch in the lid and just pout it in. That stuff is like pouring water.

Cheers
Jay

Yup it's the canned stuff. Thanks!

Back