Add-ins

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brown stone

Reaction score
Hello everyone this is my first time asking a question on the site.

i am going to make a wiesse beer for the summer and i am looking to make it unique. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

I'm bottling a wheat with citrus zest in it- as per FSR402's above-mentioned recipe- this weekend. It promises to be great.

Sort of tough to make a weisse unique because if you go too far out of style, you are no longer making a weisse.

However, you have options. You could add fruit to the secondary. You could add a substantial flavor hop addition; maybe a Cascade addition at 20 minutes. You could add a number of spices including coriander and grains of paradise. Or you could add some dark crystal malt and give it a malty character and darken the color.

The possibilities are really endless, but like I said, you would not really be making a weisse anymore.

cubbies said:
Sort of tough to make a weisse unique because if you go too far out of style, you are no longer making a weisse.

However, you have options. You could add fruit to the secondary. You could add a substantial flavor hop addition; maybe a Cascade addition at 20 minutes. You could add a number of spices including coriander and grains of paradise. Or you could add some dark crystal malt and give it a malty character and darken the color.

The possibilities are really endless, but like I said, you would not really be making a weisse anymore.
Save your specialty yeast and make it a plain old vanilla American Wheat beer first then flavor it...;)

homebrewer_99 said:
Save your specialty yeast and make it a plain old vanilla American Wheat beer first then flavor it...;)

I agree. If you are looking at add ins, a generic american wheat would be a better base.

WOW,
Thanks for all help, i am very suprised on how quickly i recieved responses. I guess i will just leave it alone and make a more "unique" beer next time. I am only on my 5th brew so does anyone have a good porter for my next batch? or any suggestions other than a porter for my next batch?

Thanks again
Brown stone

Back