add anything to this kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krubrew

Reaction score
Hey everyone...
I got a kit for a honey brown and I was wondering if someone would recommend anything that I could add to the recipe. It's a 5 gallon kit from Listermann's. I've been helping my roommate brew and he has all kinds of extra grains and hops so I would like to know if I could add something else in for more kick or flavor. Thanks.
Shawn

It would help if you posted your recipe....But if it's your first solo brew, I'd recommend not changing up any kit recipes until you get your process dialed in ...The people who developed the recipes have already balanced everything out in terms of hop and grain mixes. So if you brew them as is, and if for some unlikely reason they don't turn out, then you can tweak what went wrong with your process.... If you play around with a recipe...and it doesn't turn out then there's too many variables involved to really get a handle on what went wrong.

Take a look at this thread, it's full of all kinds of great info for the beginning brewer...https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=54362

Sorry I guess I should have posted that straight away
the recipe includes
2 lbs. honey
4 lbs. canadian light syrup
.24 lbs. carafoam
.12 lbs. chocolate
.5 lbs. 60L crystal malt
.5 oz. Cluster hops

I was just digging through the other grains my buddy has and they're aromatic, brown, chocolate, victory toasted, and caramel crystal

Back