Adaptors... any idea whether possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

sglinny

Reaction score
Hi, I recently ordered a mini keg from China and it comes with a tap and a mini regulator:
photo1627350450.jpeg

This setup works fine but I would like to also use it with my CO2 tank. Any idea if it's possible or would it be easier to just buy another spear?

Stripping it down reveals just a thread like this:

photo1627350286.jpeg

It appears to me that the manufacturer "simplified" the number of connectors needed. For comparison, a MFL ball lock disconnect connected to a mini regulator will look like this (disconnect + adaptor connected to the mini):

photo1627350450 (1).jpeg

Grateful for any thoughts/suggestions.

VikeMan

It ain't all burritos and strippers, my friend.
Reaction score
Pretty much any CO2 plumbing can be adapted to any any other CO2 plumbing. It's just a question of how Rube Goldberg you'll need to get. The first thing is to find out the type and size of those threads, which shouldn't be too hard, since they seem to be the male threads that mate with a standard female mini-regulator oulet. I don't know the size offhand, but it should be googleable. Once you know that, folks can probably recommend the easiest way to get from A to B.

odie

Reaction score
nothing is standard in plumbing...but nothing is impossible either...

except sh*t flowing uphill...

DuncB

Reaction score
Just saw this which is also an option

Beermeister32

Reaction score
I bought one of those regulators before, and wasn’t impressed. All I did was burn through CO2 cartridges at an alarming rate.

Life is better now that I built my mini keg setup around a standard CO2 regulator. 3 months on this cartridge, already, no leaks.

Alternately you could use your CO2 tank, but I’d use a standard regulator if it were me.
541C2937-FE19-4ECC-A6FE-E19EE35E8B0F.jpeg

Last edited: