Adapting a Frosty Keg Kegerator to Cornelius

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with a Frosty Keg brand Kegerator? I have been using mine successfully with commercial kegs for a few months now but have run into trouble when attempting to hookup a cornelius keg for my homebrew. The problem is that the fittings for the beer line seem to be very non-standard and the same for the gas line. Even the size of the gas line is one I've never seen mentioned (its very small, the entire tube could fit easily inside a normal 1/4" co2 line).

The coupler that I use for the commercial kegs is clearly a sanke but I'm confused by the fittings and tubing for both the beer line and gas line. The conversion kits I've found online seem to assume that I have 5/16" and 1/4" lines with ordinary tail pieces.

Anybody have any experience with rigs like this or know of any conversion kits that work on this?

I would go with something like this: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=152

Then you may need to buy some adapters to size down to your beer/gas lines. I would give someone like Kegconnection or kegworks a call. They both have great customer service and should be able to help you out. Or cut off a small piece of your lines and bring them to HD or Lowes. You'll have fun in the fitting aisle (I do it all the time).

How did it go? I have a Frosty Keg Kegerator on order and would love to have all the pieces to adapt to home brew. Did you get a new coupler...what did it take?

Thanks!

How did it go? I have a Frosty Keg Kegerator on order and would love to have all the pieces to adapt to home brew. Did you get a new coupler...what did it take?

Thanks!

I wanted to upgrade to a dual tap setup as well so I ended up buying a new tower with dual perlick faucets and a new dual co2 regulator. haven't installed it yet as I had to leave the country, will be back in a month. i got new co2 lines as well. we'll see. I feel like I'm going to have to make a trip to home depot though.

I just got a steal of a deal on a used frosty keg kegerator and wonder how your conversion turned out. I am still debating changing to corny keg only or buying a dual tap tower and having both sanke and ball lock capability. How did your conversion go and what setup did you go with?

I actually ended up using Sanke kegs for my home brewing. I had not made any investment into Kegging so I purchased new 5gal Sanke kegs. It has been great.

anthropod said:
I actually ended up using Sanke kegs for my home brewing. I had not made any investment into Kegging so I purchased new 5gal Sanke kegs. It has been great.

I didn't know you could fill sanke kegs at home? Do you need special equipment or is it as straight forward as the corny kegs?

Sorry for the late reply. They are easy to fill. Only unfun thing to me is the retaining clip. I got new 5 gallon ones. I got them from GW kent... They were made in Germany. I don't see them now... But they are nice.

image-1255875544.jpg

Hey All!

I have this Kegerator and wanted to convert it two a three tap ball lock system.

Anyone know if it can fit 3 ball lock Cornys?

Latest posts

Back