Ace Pineapple cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Me and the wife went out of town and decided to walk into a pub this past weekend. She doesn't drink beer but she love Ace Pear cider. As she was ordering it, the bartender told her that they have Ace's newest cider on tap "Ace Pineapple Cider" and would she like to try it. She said yes and it is now hands down her new favorite drink.

http://www.acecider.com/about/ace-ciders/ace-pineapple-cider/

Our problem, its not sold near where we live yet. :( Hopefuly that changes soon.

But I was wondering if anyone had an idea on how to brew this at home?

Hi
I guess you could add pineapple juice to apple juice in a ratio of say 1:4. (one litre per gallon).
Pineapple juice tends to clump together and leave a heavy sediment.

You might want to bench test to see how much pineapple to cider you prefer. You could take known quantities of cider and simply add pineapple juice and start with SomersetRedstreak's suggesion of 4:1, but also try 3: 1, 2:1 , 1:1 and see which you prefer. If 4: 1 is not pineapple-y enough and 3: 1 is too pineapple-y then you use those two are the extremes of the next set of samples. When you have an idea of the amounts you want you can make a batch using those quantities.
From the description in the link you provide it does not look as though they actively ferment the pineapple... so you may need to stabilize the cider before adding pineapple juice when you make it yourself - or if you do decide to ferment the apple juice with the pineapple then you will need (presumably) to backsweeten the finished cider to bring out the sweetness (I presume) that is in the pineapple.

Back