Accidentally put kiwi juice in first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natatiaw

Reaction score
So I had to buy some kombucha from the store to start a new brew. I bought GT’s “Pure” kombucha thinking it was 100% kombucha. I started a brew with it and only after did I see that they add a small amount of kiwi juice to their “Pure” kombucha! I’m only 2 days into the first fermentation so I know all I can do is wait and see but I’m wondering if anybody knows for sure if it will mold or maybe it will be okay? It says on the bottle it’s only 2% juice I’m the whole bottle of kombucha.

Thanks for any advice!

What was the recipe and what exactly were you trying to do? Details are needed so that we can give you an accurate answer.

I remember reading somewhere that Kiwi juice is used as an acidifier and natural sugar. GT’s believes it adds tang and pop. I wouldn’t worry.

GT doesn’t use sugar in their tea to feed the SCOBY. They use the kiwi juice as their sugar source. I have a beautiful SCOBY that is producing amazing kombucha that I grew from one of their Gingerade kombuchas, because I couldn’t find the pure local to me.

Latest posts

Back