About to order does this look right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxdcmast

Reaction score
Ok so Im about to order the stuff I need for my first AG batch. Im doing Edworts Haus Pale Ale. The requirements are below.

Grain Bill
8 lbs. 2-Row Pale Malt
2 lbs. Vienna Malt
0.5 lb. Crystal 10L Malt
2oz cascade hops
Dry Nottingham yeast

This is what Im planning on ordering does this look correct. Theres alot of different grains out there want to make sure I got the right stuff.

Cascade Pellet Hops 1 oz. $2.50 ea 2 $5.00
Lallemand Nottingham Ale (11 grams) $1.40 ea 1 $1.40
Caramel 10L Briess (USA) 1/2 lb. $0.75 ea 1 $0.75
Vienna (Weyermann®) 1 lb. $1.55 ea 2 $3.10
American 2-Row (Rahr) 10 lb. $8.50 ea 1 $8.50
The Bazooka Screen $17.00 ea 1 $17.00

The yeast looks a little strange, Nottingham yeast is made by Danstar. If you are really worried about getting the right stuff you can just buy the recipe kit here. I know it is a truly shameless plug, but we give you everything you need.

Ed

I was actually looking at your site but I also need to get a bazooka tube and from what I saw you dont carry it. If you have it or somethign similar I would have no problem buying from you. I just dont feel like wasting 7 dollars on shipping somewhere else to get the bazooka tube.

Ok then Im gonna give you guys a shot. Do I need to buy anything else for the beer that isnt in the kit?

The kit comes with all of the grains, hops, and yeast. It also includes the hop bags, and priming sugar and instructions.

Thanks for giving us a shot.

Ed

Ed,

Any word on when you will be getting some Danstar Munich in? I have another order I am working up and would like to include a few packs.

Holy crap thats awesome! I didn't know you had Edwort's recipes in kits. I brew the Bavarian Hefe regularly. Now I can just order the kit instead of piecing it together.

xxdcmast, you won't be disappointed with Brewmaster's Warehouse. They are awesome!

The kit comes with all of the grains, hops, and yeast. It also includes the hop bags, and priming sugar and instructions.

Thanks for giving us a shot.

Ed

What is your guys shipping rates? Do you have a standard flat rate? Also, if I wanted to add 2 extra lbs of 2-row, could you include that in the same grain bill?

Ed,

Any word on when you will be getting some Danstar Munich in? I have another order I am working up and would like to include a few packs.

No, I have found a supplier that has it, but the sizes of the bricks are a little too big (1 KG) for homebrewers. I am working with them trying to get them to start to carry the packets for hombrewers. Hopefully they will see the light soon.

Ed

Holy crap thats awesome! I didn't know you had Edwort's recipes in kits. I brew the Bavarian Hefe regularly. Now I can just order the kit instead of piecing it together.

xxdcmast, you won't be disappointed with Brewmaster's Warehouse. They are awesome!

EdWort gave us permission to package all of his Bee Cave Brewery Recipes for sale on our site. I think it is just awesome to have your home brewery recipes listed as a commercial recipe kit. It was very cool of Ed to let us have them on our site.

Ed

The yeast looks a little strange, Nottingham yeast is made by Danstar. If you are really worried about getting the right stuff you can just buy the recipe kit here. I know it is a truly shameless plug, but we give you everything you need.

Ed

Danstar is a brand of Lallemand Inc.

No, I have found a supplier that has it, but the sizes of the bricks are a little too big (1 KG) for homebrewers. I am working with them trying to get them to start to carry the packets for hombrewers. Hopefully they will see the light soon.

Ed

The wholesaler brewmasterinc.com lists Munich yeast in 11g packets. I'm not sure if you want to establish a relationship with another wholesaler though.

Danstar is a brand of Lallemand Inc.

The wholesaler brewmasterinc.com lists Munich yeast in 11g packets. I'm not sure if you want to establish a relationship with another wholesaler though.

You are right about that. I guess I was not fully awake yet. I will take a look at brewmasterinc. I do not have a relationship with them since they are on the other side of the country, but maybe they have some good deals to make it worth it.

Thanks,

Ed

i wish i could use our resident homebrew store, but being in GA, he is not allowed to sell to us. Support out resident members if you can.

Latest posts

Back