Quantcast

A Year in Home Brewing

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BendBrewer

Reaction score
On January 16th of last year I made my first batch of Home Brew. It was a stove top extract SNPA clone.

By the 16th of February I had made 5 additional beers on the stove top and added a 2 gallon mash tun as I moved to Partial Mash brews. This led me to moving outdoors.

Which led to these on one druken night in April:

So by this time, I am sick of bottling and the SWMBO starts to notice. She hands me the credit card and says, “Go get a keg system.” Got a Keezer built.

Time to step it up to 10 gallon batches with a FlyGuy MLT build.

Well I got tired of lifting and dumping pretty quickly. Time to use gravity as a brew assistant.

This lasted about 6 brews and I realized I hated having to drag everything out and set it all up every time I wanted to brew and I needed to make some space in the workshop for another hobby. Time to build the single tier.

So here I am now. Almost 1 year after beginning this wonderfully addicting hobby. When will it ever stop?

Thanks for all the tips and for allowing me to share. Cheers!

cheezydemon3

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

I use a 2 pulley system mounted just above my keezer for lifting fermenters and kegs easilly in and out and for syphoning beer into kegs, that saves a lot of lifting as well.

JohnnyO

Reaction score
Thanks! I love picture books!!

Looks like you're progressing great!!

maxamuus

Reaction score
Hey that's a great use of the HBT sticker. Was wondering what to do with it.