A world of difference.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscuits

Reaction score
I am currently on my second extract brew and am motivated more than ever to make the leap to all grain. I recently helped a buddy brew a Mr. Beer kit and it opened my eyes to how much more involved the Brewer's Best and Northern Brewer kits are and it made me appreciate them much more. The Mr. Beer kit was the equivalent of making soup, it didn't give me the satisfaction of feeling like I actually brewed anything. I definitely do not bash the Mr. Beer kits because they are great for someone who wants to get their feet wet and I am anxious to try the finished product. I am glad I got to experiment with a different way to brew because it made me realize which direction I want to go and that direction is toward all grain.

I agree 100%. I started on MrB no boil kits and they're great for a time pinch, but the first time I helped my wife's uncle brew a Northern Brewer kit... man it was different. It even smelled better. So I'm taking the next step... extract, steeping grains, and 5 gallon batches. Can't wait to deplete my MrB inventory so I can grab up some 5 gallon kits.

Latest posts

Back