A very nice surprise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from my former employer. It was to inform me that while reviewing their bank statements, they discovered that my final paycheck had not yet cleared their account.

I quit in July of last year to start up this brewery and while working there I had direct deposit. I just assumed my last paycheck was direct deposited in my account as well, and just filed it away when it arrived in the mail.

Now I find out it is a LIVE CHECK!

I let them know that I found it and will be depositing it today.

I love finding unexpected cash lying around. :ban:

I get excited when I find two bucks in the washing machine. Finding a whole paycheck is way cooler than that.

Best I ever did was finding $380 in travelers checks when taking a suit in for dry cleaning.

An entire paycheck! Sweet. That'll make quite a few gallons of Naked City brew. Don't forget to buy your SWMBO something.

One day when I was a broke and starving young man I came home late from trying to sell vacuum cleaners to discover that there was more money in my bank account than there should be. I did a little digging and it turned out that I'd paid off my entire motorcycle loan and was free and clear. I'd forgotten all about it because I was so used to the payments just coming out of my account.

Cool.

I walked out of BJs when they decided they were going to go back on their terms after giving me a promised promotion.

I received my cashed in sick and vacation time 2 weeks later. It was pretty cool, but those people were still *****es.

Back