A Thing of Beauty!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoiv

Reaction score
Just drew my first pint off my new keg system. I've had it under carbonation for about 4 days and I think it needs maybe a day or two more to be perfect.

Behold, the Beligan Wit.

8384-DSCF0097.JPG

Taste is awesome. Head was nice and creamy, though the retention isn't great. Not bad, just not the best I've had. Could be the glass.

Anyway, I wanted to share in my joy....:tank:

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
I ifnd they taste best and have better head retention after about 10 days carbed and cold.

Why the dual monitor setup? Editor? Or just the need to peruse HBT while doing real work on the other?

Hah. Yeah, it's so I can work on one while play on the other.

Actually, I spend alot of time working between 4 different programs. 2 monitors makes the work much easier. I had three up until last week. Decided to put the other machine on a kvm though.

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Why the dual monitor setup? Editor? Or just the need to peruse HBT while doing real work on the other?

I have six monitors at work, plus a laptop. I hate that I only have one at the house, it's such a PITA when you're used to having multiples.

Nice. Now I'm kind of wishing I would've kegged by Belgian Wit instead of bottling it this week. I was afraid it would clear too much in the keg, but yours looks perfect. I tasted mine at bottling and it tasted really good!

you do have to be careful about wheat-based beers clearing in the keg that you want to keep cloudy. after a few weeks, pretty much anything in the kegerator clears up. if you want to keep it cloudy over time, you need to shake the keg every now and then.

also, i have three monitors on my main home machine. it is extremely convenient, although, i sometimes wish i had just one more... (that's what i said when i had one, and then two, and now three... haha, same thing goes for other componenets -processors, hard drives, and memory)

i don't think you really do, actually. check the resolution of your projector. it is proabably equivalent to a 17" LCD in its native mode. if you try to split it four ways, you won't be able to read anything, or really be able to do much productive with it.

Back