A pox on the NHC (National Competition Losers Thread)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saboral

Reaction score
:drunk: A pox on the National Homebrew Competition, how dare they avert their pallets from my heavenly swill in favor of mere mortal ales. May their goats find no solace and their socks forever effervesce of elderberries!

A pox I say! :goat:

In all honesty the other beers were probably better, but never the less, A POX!

I demand a recount...that's not how this works. How about the race card? Mislabeled entry? Judges had vendettas against me?

Fine they probably had better entries than mine

Just got my scoresheet and I'm pretty sure I've made the worst beer ever, but everyone else said it was good..... I think it got judge dread!

One of my entries scored a 41 but did not even make it to mini-BOS. Nevertheless:

g5ZHZSD.jpg

I'm most disappointed in the score on my bourbon barrel stout. Most of the comments were boozy or my favorite "can't taste wood, only bourbon". Note this is a bourbon barrel stout....

One of my entries scored a 41 but did not even make it to mini-BOS. Nevertheless:

g5ZHZSD.jpg
I had a 45 last year at Big Beers Belgians and Barleywines and didn't make it to the mini BOS! There were 60 some odd beers in that category but still, I hope it was a steward that simply didn't mark it right.

Back