a new way to get a DUI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's not a licensed vehicle can you get a DUI? I would figure, at most, he would be on the hook for Drunk and Disorderly or Drunk in Public.

You can get a DUI for driving an ATV in the bush, or a boat in the water. This guy was on the street. The impaired will likely stick. And well it should.

I saw that article yesterday...did you see how fast he was going?...Says he was going 20 when he crashed...but the stool can get up close to 40.....cripes!!!! That would be friggin scarey as top heavy as that thing is.....

You can also get a BUI (boating while intoxicated) on a canoe. Ask me how I know! I'm not talking about a licensed motorboat, just a simple wooden canoe.

You can also get a DUI on an electric scooter, again not licensed, and again, ask me how I know!

You can also get a DUI if a police officer believes you have the intention to drive drunk. If you leave the bar s***faced, lay down in the backseat of your car and go to sleep, you might just wake up to a police officer and a DUI charge that will stick.

DUI laws, while necessary, are way too freely interpreted.

I know you can get a CUI in California (cycling under the influence)

You can also get a BUI (boating while intoxicated) on a canoe. Ask me how I know! I'm not talking about a licensed motorboat, just a simple wooden canoe.

You can also get a DUI on an electric scooter, again not licensed, and again, ask me how I know!

:eek: I must be lucky then. I'd never be able to drive otherwise. :eek:

You can also get a DUI if a police officer believes you have the intention to drive drunk. If you leave the bar s***faced, lay down in the backseat of your car and go to sleep, you might just wake up to a police officer and a DUI charge that will stick.

DUI laws, while necessary, are way too freely interpreted.

Here is a recent MN Court ruling attesting to the statement above. Just ruled on last week.
Minnesota court: You needn't be driving to be guilty of DWI

Here is a recent MN Court ruling attesting to the statement above. Just ruled on last week.
Minnesota court: You needn't be driving to be guilty of DWI

It's a true, and sad, story. I got a DUI when I was 16 (totally deserved it, and I'm glad I was arrested before anyone was hurt) but I had to take several alcohol awareness classes (and attend AA meetings. I'm still on step 1 there).

One of the older gentlemen in my class got a DUI for passing out in his own backseat. When the police arrested him, he was smart enough to request a blood test instead of a breath test, and it came up well below the legal limit. He ended up in a long drawn out court battle, but he ended up losing.

And seems like it's actually a true story.... at least nobody got hurt.

Ohio man seeks trial over getting DUI on motorized barstool - CNN.com

btw - check out the wheelie bar w/ shock absorber on the back..... Surprised he didn't add a parachute.

So the guy hacks together a pretty cool idea that was reasonably well implemented even if its not practical. Then decides after drinking heavily to show off on his invention by cruising around the neighborhood. And what does he get for his effort, a DUI!

Hopefully he can get the charge reduced to a lesser count as he wasn't endangering anyone except himself. Wasn't like he was trying to go somewhere or playing on a main street.

Craig

Best parts:

According to the police report, when asked how much he had had to drink, Wygle responded, "a lot."
He crashed during his attempt at a U-turn while speeding down the street in front of his home -- a daring move from atop the specialized barstool even for the most nimble and sober of men. Measuring 6-foot-1 and 230 pounds, and after having consumed what he later told an officer was 15 beers, Wygle appeared to be neither.

motorized barstools are a staple at any biker rally ... you should see what happens when they really get liquored up at the campgrounds. $hit I have seen motorized picnic tables with stripper poles on them ... right in Irregularpulses neighborhood.

motorized barstools are a staple at any biker rally ... you should see what happens when they really get liquored up at the campgrounds. $hit I have seen motorized picnic tables with stripper poles on them ... right in Irregularpulses neighborhood.

Hey now leave me out of this hillbilly nonsense! It maybe bring tons of money to my town but it's not in my neighborhood! It's at the campgrounds! haha

If your coming down this year to the rodeo send me a PM in August. Stop by for a beer. No good beer at restaurants in town, but give me enough notice I'll make sure I have at least something on tap and try and make it to cincy to the bottle shop.

Many states operating any kind of vehicle on a public road can get you a DUI. Had a sailor on my sub lose his driver's license for three DUI on his bicycle.

Would you believe that at least one company makes motorized barstools commercially?

There ain't nothing wrong with strange vehicles and all......But come on! You have to be frigging retarded to drive a bar stool home from the pub and not expect to get stopped! Dumb twonk, that guy was.

Hey now leave me out of this hillbilly nonsense! It maybe bring tons of money to my town but it's not in my neighborhood! It's at the campgrounds! haha

If your coming down this year to the rodeo send me a PM in August. Stop by for a beer. No good beer at restaurants in town, but give me enough notice I'll make sure I have at least something on tap and try and make it to cincy to the bottle shop.

I never even made it into town just the drive threw beer distributor next to the fairgrounds ... LOL

I may be going this year to the Rodeo haven't been in about 4 but since I can't make Sturgis ... need my titties and beer fix. I will let ya know if I do

Back