A Moment of Silence...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanzerBanana

Reaction score
It would appear that my "Frankenyeast" has given up the fight. I think I accidentally shocked it when I made a fresh starter wort. I've let it sit quite long enough for it to pick back up but there is not hint of activity.

Some may recall the top secret project I mentioned. That yeast. My starters had been going really well. Especially the last one, plenty of the wee bubbles, and a wee krausen formed. No off smells just budding yeast on transfer.

And so it would seem, it will be back to the "lab" for me before long.

Not like a mad scientist's never had a few set backs before unleashing their beast. And I figure it was a pretty good first attempt considering how unlikely it was for me to find and revive yeast with not more than a kitchen and a whim. Especially yeast locked for ages in a...................................

step 2: get a hunchback assistant...

Edit: I am not a hunchback in real life, but I'll play the role of one for beer. :ban:

Back