A Molson Product Worth Drinking!?! Say it ain't so!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwalk4

Reaction score
napfpcI.jpg

http://saintjohnswort.ca/john-h-r-molson-bros-1908-historic-pale-ale/ <- Link to an interesting commentary about the beer.

Any one else had the new Molson 1908? Surprisingly not too shabby! Molson decided to re-create a beer from their past, and stayed surprisingly faithful to their long brewing heritage.

Called a pale ale, although not like today's hop forward bitters. 1908 has a subtle yeasty aroma: floral, fruity, and sweet and a slightly hazy appearance in the glass (pics soon) with an impressive lace that stays. The taste is deceptively mellow of being 6.8% and its flavors are true to the promise made by the aroma: berries, spice and some fruity esters that are complementary, not unlike some of the more quiet Belgians'.

I'd say 7.5/10. Not bad at all.

Are they sharing it with the states or is this a Canada only product?

Hmm, looks like a limited release. So probably Canada only.

However, I will say it probably isn't so good that it'd be worth a 2 hour drive north.

Hmm, looks like a limited release. So probably Canada only.

However, I will say it probably isn't so good that it'd be worth a 2 hour drive north.

You've got my number!

(About 3 hours from me to the border...)

Back