A Mini kegs life span

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerAlchemist

Reaction score
Hi all,
Right, I bottle all the time, and like most people, I find it's a hassle, so my question is,... How long will my home brew last in a mini keg, and will it still be carb'd after say a month or 2 and longer?

Hi all,
Right, I bottle all the time, and like most people, I find it's a hassle, so my question is,... How long will my home brew last in a mini keg, and will it still be carb'd after say a month or 2 and longer?

As long as you push the beer with CO2, and keep CO2 pressure on it, the beer will remain carbed. What kind of "mini keg" are you talking about?

Just the plain and simple, self carb and bung 5litre mini keg.

I would have used forced carb, but co2 canisters are hard to get hold of anywhere local.

Idle curiosity (the worst kind), what is the exact (measured) diameter of the hole in the top of the mini keg, and how thick is the rim of the hole (ballpark)?

I know they don't work in beertenders, nor are draughtkegs re-fillable without some fooling around. But, I like fooling around and making things do what they aren't supposed to.

Latest posts

Back