A little concerned about my wit.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petree3

Reaction score
I brewed a NB All-grain Witbier kit the Saturday before last. It was my first AG beer and I missed the mash temperature by about 7 degrees too low; it was supposed to be 150 I heated the water to the temperature suggested by iBrewMaster and the temp of the mash was like 143 or so. I ran it off slowly sparged and only missed my OG by 2 points. (supposed to be 1.038 I got 1.036). I was ok with that until I just took my last FG reading( 1.008) before I keg it up on saturday and it tasted thin with almost no malt character at all. Am I worrying too much? The beer was relatively flat and warm so I dunno... any advice/ suggestions on how I could add body at this point?

don't worry about it at this point. just keg. it won't be perfect, but it will change a lot in character when you chill and carb. you can boil up some maltrodextrin at this point and add it in, but i wouldn't

Latest posts

Back