A label idea.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I have a label idea for a Black IPA/CDA I will be brewing the first week of January. So I have a couple weeks to refine it if someone would like to chime in and critique it.

So my idea is similar to that of Metallica's Black album:

I am picturing this on black gloss paper, with the with all of the writing in a black matte finish, maybe a shade or two lighter, depending on how it looks, what do you think?

I added the gradient to try and simulate a shine to the paper, I think I failed at it :(

And to make the font stand out, I added a very, very light drop shadow/blur to it. This is the best I could do with what I got.

Anyhow, here it is:

BLACK IPA LABEL 720px.jpg

Thats a sweet idea, I only just recently had my first black IPA and it was delicious! I'm pretty sure I know the kind of look your going for, the only problem can see is: how are you going to print a matte finish on glossy paper?

i cant read it. looks like dark m (then maybe an a?) and ipa at the bottom. thats all i can see.

the only problem can see is: how are you going to print a matte finish on glossy paper?

Y'know, that is a good question, maybe a graphic artist will chime in and give me an idea of how to accomplish that...It never dawned on me, how to actually print it.

Back