A good day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berkbeer

Reaction score
This morning I bottled my first batch of Apfelwein - so far it tastes good, we will see what comes of the carbing. I did half still, 1/4 normal prime and 1/4 normal prime with a couple grains of champagne yeast - same as fermentation yeast. It is making for a fun little experiment without much expense.

I am now in the middle of my 1st partial mash. Doing it on the stovetop in the kitchen. It is a Stone Ruination IPA clone that I have added rye to. Here is my recipe for general interest.

3# 2 -row
14oz 15 crystal
8oz rye malt
6# DME
2.5 oz magnum 14.2 60 min
1.6 oz Centennial 9.7 15 min
White Lab 007 -not the reccomendation, but it sounded good to me
2.0 oz Centennial dry hopped

We will see how it turns out, boil just started. As I said a really great way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

I opened my 3rd bottle of my 1st brewing attempt an extract and stepped grain stout. It is three weeks in the bottle and almost carbed, my house is kept rather cold. Tastes great and feels great to drink my own beer while making more beer.

Big thanks to Ed Wort and Deathbrewer your posts and recipes made my brew day easy and some might even say possible. This board has been a great help and I just wanted to say thanks to all.

Back