A few good brews....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
Was in Dubuque Iowa this weekend got to pick up some brews I cant get here at home. I was in the HyVee and I found a definate treat!!! I was walking down the beer isle and I found Dixie Brewing Company's Blackened VooDoo. The Dixie Brewing Co. was destroyed after Katrina. I believe a brewery in Wisconsin is brewing their Blackened Voodoo on a limited basis, and distributing to select areas. This is one of my favorite beers, and I havent had it in two years so to randomly find a 6 pack of it was pretty awesome. The flavor is great. It has a malty nutty carmel taste that is just delicious.

I also grabbed a six pack of Boulevard Pale Ale. This is a very very refreshing beer. Very clean tasting. The hops are not over bearing. For BMC drinkers this would be a good beer to drink to introduce them to hand crafted beers.

I got my hop fix for the night with Bell's Hop Slam. I got this at the local liquor store, not in Iowa. Holy Hops Batman!!!! The piney grapefruit notes really shine through. The bitterness is not overbearing, and the 10% ABV is hidden really well by the taste. Very good IPA!!!!:mug:

mikeyc said:
Was in Dubuque Iowa this weekend got to pick up some brews I cant get here at home. I was in the HyVee and I found a definate treat!!! I was walking down the beer isle and I found Dixie Brewing Company's Blackened VooDoo. The Dixie Brewing Co. was destroyed after Katrina. I believe a brewery in Wisconsin is brewing their Blackened Voodoo on a limited basis, and distributing to select areas. This is one of my favorite beers, and I havent had it in two years so to randomly find a 6 pack of it was pretty awesome. The flavor is great. It has a malty nutty carmel taste that is just delicious.

I also grabbed a six pack of Boulevard Pale Ale. This is a very very refreshing beer. Very clean tasting. The hops are not over bearing. For BMC drinkers this would be a good beer to drink to introduce them to hand crafted beers.

I got my hop fix for the night with Bell's Hop Slam. I got this at the local liquor store, not in Iowa. Holy Hops Batman!!!! The piney grapefruit notes really shine through. The bitterness is not overbearing, and the 10% ABV is hidden really well by the taste. Very good IPA!!!!:mug:

hop slam is brewed with tons and tons of honey, and it shows. one of my favorite !

Back