A Day With Yooper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
I recently had the pleasure of going to a Marquettte game and later the Milwaukee Ale House with Yooper, her husband, and a bunch of their friends. I finally downloaded the pics. Awesome people one and all!

From Left: Yooper, Bernie, Bernie's SWMBO
IMG_0773.JPG

Our table at the Ale House. On the right front is Yooper's HWMBO. Yooper is going to have to ID everyone else, since my memory sux, esp with names. :eek: Her son was there too, but for some reason I don't see him in the picture.
IMG_0772.JPG

It was an awesome day! And the Warriors won by 30!!!:rockin:

Oh, that was fun! You can tell in that top picture (the end of the night) that I was pretty shined up by then! We had a great time.

My son went out to call his girlfriend after we ate, so that must be why we don't see him. There are a few others missing, too, but that picture is so much better than mine. (Mine didn't turn out at all.) Most of the people you see in the photo are high school friends of HWMO who went to school at Marquette but now live up north.

Go Warriors!

sause said:
No Marquette shirt for you Yoops?

No, I couldn't find my favorite sweatshirt when I was packing! It was too cold for my "Go Warriors" T-shirt, so I went with what I had packed.

It really was fun, and I'm looking forward to getting together with some more of you Cheeseheads this weekend. As much fun as we had, it was probably a good thing we ended the night pretty early. I think I offered Bernie a beer before noon, and I drank until about 9 PM. I'm surprised I wasn't hungover on Sunday!

You know what's odd?

Somehow, I knew that was Yooper's hubby as soon as I saw the pic. I don't think you've ever posted his picture before, he just *looks* like you have described him.

Looks like a good time was had by all!

MikeFlynn74 said:
Marquette? It seems like everyone I have been stationed with is from there. lol

You do realize that's Marquette University in Milwaukee, not Marquette MI, right? Just checking, the way you worded your post made it sound like you were confussed.:)

Oh, that's right! Marquette, MI, is by where I live. But Marquette University is in downtown Milwaukee, probably about 6 hours away. Most of the people at the dinner table that night went to school there (undergrad and grad for some of them), but I did not. One of my friends (at the end of the table) went to law school at MU and is a very proud alumni.

Cool! I have a brew buddy that went to Marquette and neighbor brewer that went there as well. Sounds like ya'll had a great time. It's fun meeting up with fellow HBT'rs.

the_bird said:
You know what's odd?

Somehow, I knew that was Yooper's hubby as soon as I saw the pic. I don't think you've ever posted his picture before, he just *looks* like you have described him.

Looks like a good time was had by all!

Now, that's funny! He looks like a skinny middle aged wildlife biologist, huh? Well, I guess he does! :D

MikeFlynn74 said:
Even made me watch Escanaba in Da Moonlight!

Great flick! It does get a bit strange with the DNR guy, but overall funny as heck. Buckless Yooper...

Opening day at Sodie Deer Camp, it's like Christmas, but with guns! LOL

Latest posts

Back