A couple of new labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockydog101

Reaction score
Trying out some new labels. Using the "basic label" template from Grog tag, so its 2.6" x 3.6", then trimmed to 2.5" x 3.5". I originally had gone with an apothecary style logo. Now trying to modify it a little and going with death / zombie painted artwork. All shamelessly taken from Google image search.

I'm terrible at typography and basically everything artistic. I toyed around with making the bottom part a color that compliments the artwork up top, but my stupid logo I can't get the colors right. (Working on that now...)

Just curious what you guys think of these. The beer descriptions, names, etc, are all just placeholders for now. Some of these may be offensive, if so I apologize in advance.

I know there is some weird spacing at the bottom and on the left, but I think a lot of it will be trimmed at printing (overbleed) so it should look ok.

VIRGIN BLOOD.jpg

SARGE ZOMBIE.jpg

LAST SUPPER.jpg

Awesome labels. Did you draw the images yourself or did you find these somewhere?

Thank you kindly. I stole the pics. I google image search "zombie panting" or something along those lines, and make sure I click the option to look for "Size: Large" to get high resolution images. The rest of the template was mocked up in Pixelmator, so I can just drop in a high resolution image and it automatically cuts out the little hump for the logo, and then change the text as needed.

I had some help with the text layout at the bottom. I'm terrible at every sort of design, etc.

MASTER TEMPLATE copy 3.jpg

EBOLA BREW.jpg

Back