A 'Build of Dreams'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a deck? These Bell's Two Hearted must be doing more damage than I thought. :-/

When I squint my eyes I can just make out your future brewery! :D Seriously, go for it. I think it looks like a nice beginning.

Sentimental value to the old structure? I ripped out my deck cuz the critters liked it even more than I did. All pavers now. :)

-OCD

It'll be cool - make sure to post pics of your first brewday. Too bad that huge propane tank is so far away from your new brewery. I'm imagining a small outdoor kegerator over there under the roof.

-OCD

It would have been easier to start from scratch. If not for the sentimental value, I would not recommend doing it that way.

Just curious but do you live south of the Mason Dixon line? If not I'd be worried about frost heave with those cinder blocks... I just built a deck and had to go down 3 feet or more, for my concrete forms... Then again I live in CT...
Good Luck with the project... I can certainly see the brewery coming up.. one other question though...

Looks like you've got the framing up very nicely. Any plans for windows? Or ventilation fans?

Just curious but do you live south of the Mason Dixon line? If not I'd be worried about frost heave with those cinder blocks... I just built a deck and had to go down 3 feet or more, for my concrete forms... Then again I live in CT...
Good Luck with the project... I can certainly see the brewery coming up.. one other question though...

Looks like you've got the framing up very nicely. Any plans for windows? Or ventilation fans?

Yes, I live well South of the Mason Dixon line. I poured a concrete footing under the cinder blocks and secured the frame to those. But, now you got me feeling a little guilty. I've actually finished the project. I just thought maybe it would be nice to chronicle it here for 'posterity' so to speak...and perhaps give someone else some ideas. I would do a few things differently if I had a mulligan, like build it bigger...

Here it is finished and I apologize for even starting this. Not good judgement on my part, but I did just finish our bar located SW of the brewery.

So wait a minute. The only roof deck thing is gone now? Did you give up on it? I think the structure looks great. Now I wanna see the insides of this brewery.

So wait a minute. The only roof deck thing is gone now? Did you give up on it?

It's still there. It's the left half of the roof. It was the only part I could salvage. I had to do some serious bracing just to do that.

I'll post some pictures of the inside later. I'm feeling real guilty right now. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

It is pretty cool inside the brewery with AC, heat, counter top, sink and even a bunk bed. The brewing area is just screened in. We wanted it that way for ventilation and the peaceful feeling it gives.

No offense taken! I admit, though, that I was a little confused by the original post, where you asked "do you think I can build this?" And then in the very next post it was already being built. But, I'm not offended by that!

Thanks for sharing your project with us. I look forward to seeing the insides...

The dimensions of the brewery are 20'X20' sectioned off in two 'equal' parts. The brewing area is screened in. Looking from that area, this is the entrance to the comfort zone.

This is a nice piece of ash that I could have done a much better job on. I would have preferred a deep SS sink but this is what my wife wanted and since she's the boss, she got it.

This is the East end...

This is what it looks like today. Well, it is a brewery after all. No I didn't drink all that corona (not that there's anything wrong with that). A friend of mine gave me the boxes for our bottles

As I said before, this topic was ill-conceived and poor judgement on my part, but it's still my 'Build of Dreams' and before anyone else takes a shot at it; here is one last picture for closure.

The brewery, storage building, goat pen and the bar on the far right. If you don't like that, then you just don't like country livin'. Yes, I also have home nearby.

You say a bar? Like people come and pay for drinks bar or "MAN SPACE" bar? I wanna see some pics!!! Everybody loves pics of other people's bars!!! :ban:

You say a bar? Like people come and pay for drinks bar or "MAN SPACE" bar?

It's just our little bar, restricted to friends, family and people we like to hang out with, plus a few friends we would like to hang out with if they come see us. It measures 14'X24' with an L-shaped bar, bar sink, kegerater, bathroom with a toilet and shower, hot & cold running water and a sleeping loft. It serves a dual purpose as a guest house. We finished it about a month ago.

Didn't see that coming! Plus you got water and electric in there, nice job. I read the captions wrong on your pictures. I was reading about the nice Ash; and in the picture above that caption is a picture with a woman's backside showing. I thought you were being funny. :D

-OCD

I think that turned out really nice. It looks like you kept the flooring of the old space, which I love because it tells a story. Yes, I am very jealous of your play space.

Back