A blizzard is coming!!!!!We are all gonna DIE!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Less than an inch of snow on the ground and they cancel school. What a friggin joke. 24 hour coverage for this huge storm... We are going to maybe get 4 or 5". Oh no!!

Back in my day....

Same here. Although it was surprising to wake up and see snow everywhere, just because it's been so scarce this year. It's been so warm the past week though, its not sticking very well, only about an inch or two so far.

Half my office either called out or is "working from home". I should have stayed home and brewed beer too!

I think it is funny how the media goes nuts over weather hitting the Northeast that would hardly make the local news around here.

I saw that it went through the UP two days ago, and while my grandkids in Wisconsin did have a snow day, there wasn't that much snow at all. According to my teacher friend, they did not have a school day in our district.

I think that because of the major problems with storms in the past (where idiots still drove on the freeway with prius cars in 18 inches of snow and were stuck for days and needed rescuing) they are super vigilant about warning folks to be prepared.

It sounds like a brew day, to me. Just sayin!

Meanwhile, it's been cold here too. Yesterday, I put on long pants with my flip flops. Brrrrr.

And Bob enjoyed a fresh grapefruit margarita from a grapefruit I stole off a tree down the street.

IMG_4755[1].jpg

It wasn't always like this, but it's very annoying. Last February was very bad getting over 100" in a little over a month, but this was a little overboard. RDWHAHB already!!!

I hate it when I need something at the hardware store when there happens to be a storm coming, and I walk in the door and there's a camera crew all set up by the shovels and snowblowers waiting to have oh-so-scintillating interviews with customers.

everybody loot the stores, get your canned goods, even space stations are having a hard time

I have a cousin who grew up in the Dakotas then moved to D.C. And had a great observation. It was something like "Back home, when a storm is coming people stock up on batteries, firewood, bread, gasoline, etc. Here, they stock up on wine and chocolate."

Damn snow getting all in my boil kettle!!! I have a roof over me, but the weatherman didn't say it was going to be windy...Asses!!!

The worse was last year. The p*ssyfication of america. They warned people to take public transportation due to some intense storms in Boston. Then closed down the entire train/trolley system with only an hours notice for several days. Isn't that what they are there for? Imagine a real emergency where evacuation may be needed. It was great to see the clowns face the music. Then again one resigned and then was quickly hired by Chicago then fired once people started to ask questions. I think she moved onto Washington tho to another cushy job.

This is nothing compared to last year. I had snow piled up to the top of the mailbox. Started running out of places to toss it. We got maybe 3-4 inches out their atm. But just my luck, I have doctor's appointments Thursday & Friday, with two alberta clippers swirling in from the NW & SW up to my side of the Great Lakes snow belt. It's already colder than a well digger's bum here. Supposed to be 9F Saturday, with wind chill below zero. Wanna brew the mumme' that day too...Better stock up on kerosine...

Back