A BIG THANK YOU in order

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregg Meyer

Reaction score
I have been brewing for over two years now and like the all grain result better than the extract. I have a great LHBS, a great mentor with 30 years exp. and you guys/gals. Thank you for all your help. Yesterday I had a big ol glass of Kolsch clone I built and was just so amazed at how great it is and that me, ol pea brain, did it with some listening, reading, (3 brewing books) net searches and laughing at times at your guys funny posts. Just wanted to say thank you for making this so much fun. My life is about a quart low on fun so I appreciate the help.

I'm reading up on lagering. I have recently aquired an extra fridge dedicated just for brewing.

oscar,:mug:

its nice to have something turn out right, isn't it?

its why I don't do carpentry projects....

It inspires you doesn't it? If you do a lager, pay attention to diacetyl rest. Basicly you let the beer sit near room temp after 3/4 of the fermentation 48 hours to let the yeast take care (eat up) of the diacetyl produced during the fermentation and then taking it down in temp a few degrees a day to not shock the yeast until you reach lagering temperature. Good Job on the beer. :)

Congrats on the brew. It makes it all worth it when you have the bubbly goodness to enjoy.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that you're a little short of fun in your life right now. But I'm glad you find us at least a little entertaining and informative! Thanks for the kind words.

I've been making AG lagers myself, and find that I'm learning something new all the time. And of course, one thing leads to another so I'm actually trying some things I thought I never would! Good luck with your lagers- maybe we can compare notes sometime.

I know I just need to read up, ask a few Q's and start in.

I like trying new stuff and the lager seems like the next progression, while I still practice the ALL grain rituals.

I had a guy at my business build me a magnastir. He enjoyed the extra money paid to him, he liked the easy project to him and I got a cool toy that was not expensive. I assume I'll be making a starter for the lagering.

Oscar,:cross:

Back