$99 new kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

head

Reaction score
My wife is awesome!
She found the last kegerator for sale at Sam's club in the clearance area. The fridge had 2 tags on it. 1 was for the kegerator for $238, the 2nd was for a fridge the same size for $99. She asked and they honored the $99 tag. SCORE!

Now that I'm done bragging on my wife, how hard is it to start putting my homebrew into kegs? It came with a coupler for a sanke, which makes me think I can buy a keg & refill. Now I wish I hadn't gotten rid of that old shell.

Comments? Tips?

congrats! and you should be able to cut the line off IIRC and put it to a normal pin/ball lock. also you can add some more, since you aren't taking up with the large sanke keg, you should be able to fit 2-3 in there IIRC as well... hopefully someone else will chime in, good luck!

I'm in the same boat (1st kegerator), except I bought used with 2 shells, CO2 bottle & 2 handles for $250. I don't think the guy had a clue what he was selling...he kept pretty much to himself while I was there, so either he's dumb as a fencepost or the stuff is "hot". Either way, it's mine now. :D

I just swapped the sanke connection for ball lock connections so I can use Corny kegs instead. I also swapped out the single tap tower for a dual, and I've got a digital temp controller on the way as well.

Latest posts

Back