• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado 90% Done custom FRP steam hood, with new 8" Vortex S-line fan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basline

Reaction score
Had to change my steam ventilation plans, and hopefully someone can take advantage of what I built along with an 8" Vortex S-line fan and a speed controller for it.

Asking $115 for the hood, fan and speed controller.

The hood is a mix of wood and FRP (inspired by deprecated), with vinyl j-channel to catch condensation. You can rig it over your brew stand and put your boil kettle under the domed portion. The 8" vortex fan should provide plenty of CFM.

To finish you'll need some 6" ducting out of your space, a way to mount the hood and some really basic wiring it set up the speed controller. It would be easy to gussy it up with some plywood facing. I can talk you through the details.

Dimensions:
hood frame: 23.25" deep x 56 1/4" wide x 13.5" high
Domed portion: 20.25" deep x 19.5" wide

Prefer to sell as a package at this point.

I'm in Boulder

from above.jpg
from below.jpg
IMG_20180111_204442.jpg
IMG_20180111_204038.jpg
IMG_20180111_203818.jpg
Inside domed portion.jpg

Is this still available? I’ve got a hood but if you’re willing maybe we could work something out for the fan. Thanks!

Back