750ml Bottles that you can cap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LILJONNYWV

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find some 750ml bottles that you can cap with a normal beer cap? There is a local brewery here that uses some but they are not being to helpful and wont tell me where I could get some or let me buy them off of them. We are needing about 80 for a fundraiser.

Thanks

Beer Bottle Cappers* Bottle Caps

About halfway down the page, they have champagne bottles that say they use standard crown caps. Might want to give them a call and see if the crown really means a standard bottle cap.

Have you ordered from that site before? Looks like a joke (I guess I judge a site by it's cover..), however I have been looking for some Amber Champagne style 750s. Everyone seems to only have green.

I also found this website. It seems to be for bulk orders, however they do state "No Minimum Orders".
750 ml Amber Champagne Flat Bottom

I have green ones I ordered from Midwest and they work fine with a standard beer bottle cap. I tried finding brown ones without any luck so I settled for the green.

Have you ordered from that site before? Looks like a joke (I guess I judge a site by it's cover..), however I have been looking for some Amber Champagne style 750s. Everyone seems to only have green.

I also found this website. It seems to be for bulk orders, however they do state "No Minimum Orders".
750 ml Amber Champagne Flat Bottom

Nope, never ordered from them, just looking around. It seems that US champagne bottles are standard 26mm tops so your normal caps will work, but Euro bottles are 29mm.

29mm Capper Bell - Female threads - Bottle Cappers - Bottling - Equipment - Brewing : Northern Brewer

This thing is supposed to do 29mm caps and it fits on your Red Baron capper. Look at which threads are on yours though, the review says the capper isn't female.

29mm Gold Crowns 100 count - Bottle Caps & Closures - Bottling - Equipment - Brewing : Northern Brewer

These are the Euro caps. Whichever bottles you find, try to find out if they are US or Euro.

I ordered 5 cases of the green 750ml champange bottles from midwestsupplies that you can cap with crown caps, but I cant get them to cap tight. I don't know if I need bigger caps or if its just my capper.

I ordered 5 cases of the green 750ml champange bottles from midwestsupplies that you can cap with crown caps, but I cant get them to cap tight. I don't know if I need bigger caps or if its just my capper.

When I capped mine for my cider I used just a regular old wing capper but added a little pressure at the end and it seemed fine as my cider is very heavily carbonated. And remember if the caps are wet they can be turned if you twist them but when they dry they seem to be fine and hold tight.

It seems that the 29mm caps might be too large, but I never used them so I can't say for sure. My advice would be to call Midwest and ask what they suggest to do.

Back