70 qt Coleman Xtreme at Walmart

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The channel drain is one of the biggest benefits of this cooler design - there's basically no deadspace. The Xtreme is a great cooler for conversion, it holds temp very well, it's easy to remove the existing valve (just unscrews), it's got that channel drain and it's pretty cheap.

The channel drain is one of the biggest benefits of this cooler design - there's basically no deadspace. The Xtreme is a great cooler for conversion, it holds temp very well, it's easy to remove the existing valve (just unscrews), it's got that channel drain and it's pretty cheap.

I agree.. I LOVE my 52 qt Xtreme and it was more than this one! Love how it holds the temps also!!

I have a smaller one (36 quart), which has been perfectly fine for all the 5 gallon batches I've done so far. If you're brewing 10 gallons and want to do a BIG 10 gallon batch, I'd think the 70-qt model would be a very good choice.

EDIT: With all of the recent controversies about using hot water in coolers, I've added near-boiling water to my Xtreme many times and not had any warping or cracking or anything. Not that it couldn't/won't happen eventually, but so far it's been perfectly fine.

I agree.. I LOVE my 52 qt Xtreme and it was more than this one! Love how it holds the temps also!!

The 52 quart models are green and have much thicker walls and insulation. The 70 quart blue models are much thinner. They still hold temps OK but the green models may be better.

Back