• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

7-Tap Coffin Keezer (Macungie, PA 18062 Pickup Only)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TBL043

Reaction score
For Sale: Custom built 7-Tap Keezer
PICK-UP ONLY in Macungie, PA 18062

Asking $3,200 Cash (or credit card w/ 4% fee) – No Trades

Price drop 7/24/20 - $2,750

First, let me start by saying that when I built this, I never intended on selling it. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it is my pride and joy… I have had recent medical problems that are requiring I cut back my drinking to an extremely limited amount, so having this Keezer is no longer a viable option for me…

I have over $3k in parts and materials in this, and hopefully you can see I spared no expense in building this. I do not believe the pictures do it justice, and I encourage anyone interested in buying it come and see it in person before buying. I did not spend a lot of time making the inside look pretty since no one was ever going to see it, but I DID make it extremely functional, and as a result I am easily able to keep the temperature within just a few degrees of the desired hold point with no freezing issues.

I have had this up and running for about a year, off and on. Total actual run-time is probably closer to 6 months. I spent many, many hours looking at the amazing work others did, and tried to use the best of each design in my build (along with some of my own ideas). This is not perfect craftmanship, and if you stare at it up close long enough, you will see the imperfections here and there. That being said, I’ve gotten a ton of compliments on it, and everyone that sees it in person says they can’t see any imperfections when I ask them about it. Again, I encourage you to come see it in person, and I will point out the imperfections in order to help you make an informed decision.

You can fit (8) kegs in this with two tanks on the shelf, but it is a tight fit and you need to utilize 2.5gal or 3gal kegs under the regulators. Ideally, 7 kegs works best and leaves room for the drip tray bottle and coffin fan tubing. I was able to utilize a 3-cylinder setup (pure nitro, mixed-gas and C02), with all 3 gas cylinders on the shelf, and (3) 2.5gal kegs, and (4) slimline 5gal kegs.

In regard to moving this thing… It is heavy, but it IS on casters (hidden from view), and when I brought it into the house from the garage (where I built it), I took the lid off and that worked well.

THE DETAILS:
  • The freezer itself is a GE 10.6 cu ft chest freezer, model FCM11PHWW. See it here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ge-10-6-cu-ft-chest-freezer-white/8869216.p?skuId=8869216
  • This is designed in a way that the 2x4 frame sits several inches away from all sides of the freezer, allowing proper heat dissipation.
  • The frame is screwed to the collar for stability, but if the freezer ever died, it could be slid out of the frame with the removal of just a few screws.
  • The entire keezer is on hidden casters, so it can be easily moved around.
  • The keezer lid is permanently attached to the freezer lid with high strength liquid nails, but could be separated during freezer replacement if push comes to shove. I picked a readily available freezer when I built this with the idea that if the freezer ever died, I could replace it with the same unit and just move the entire lid assembly over to the new freezer.
  • Pocket hole joinery was used for all frame and collar construction, for maximum strength.
  • The collar is lined with insulation, and silicone caulked at all joints. I then covered the entire collar with aluminum tape to further seal the interior.
  • There is a single high-power fan in the center of the coffin, with a large 4in flexible duct running to the bottom of the freezer in order to pull the coldest air into the coffin. There are two exhaust ports on either side of the coffin, which naturally pulls air out of the coffin and down into the freezer due to vacuum. The beer lines run through these exhaust ports.
  • The beer lines are insulated in the coffin, and the walls of the coffin itself are insulated and caulked.
  • The bottom of the freezer has an elevated floor to help with air flow and to prevent freezing.
  • A bulkhead is installed on the collar to allow individual line cleaning with the lid closed. Just disconnect the line from the keg and plug into the bulkhead and close the lid. Using the cleaning rig like the one I built, you can create a simple loop that goes from a cleaning bucket through the beer line, through the faucet and tap, and back to the cleaning bucket. Being able to do this with the lid closed saves energy and keeps temps stable for the other taps while cleaning one line.
  • Each tap has its own dedicated Taprite secondary regulator, with 1 extra regulator that can be used for force carbonating a keg while still having all the taps in service for a total of (5) CO2 regulators, and (2) nitrogen regulators.
  • Temperature is controlled via an Inkbird WiFi cotroller, which allows you to monitor it via an app on your phone and set alerts for high or low temps.
  • There is a hidden strip of LED lights that can shine down on the taps and backsplash, which has its own remote and numerous colors/lighting patterns available.
  • The trip tray runs down to a bottle in the bottom of the freezer.
  • The tile is sealed, and the grout is epoxy grout to allow for expanding and contracting of the wood, which just means it will not crack over time like traditional grout would if used against wood.
  • There are (4) Perlick 690SS flow control faucets, (1) Taprite SS SF2003 nitro faucet, and (1) silver Micromatic JESF-4 nitro faucet. The gold micromatic nitro faucet is not included – see below.
  • All shanks are Stainless Steel.
  • There is a 10lb CO2 bottle included with a Kegco dual gauge regulator, as well as Taprite dual gauge NITROGEN regulator I used on the (not included) mixed gas cylinder.
  • I rigged a basket of computer fans that help move air around inside the freezer section. It is not pretty, but it works well when you only have a few kegs and a lot of empty space. If the keezer is full of kegs, the additional fans are not necessary.
I’m sure I’m missing something, but just look at the pictures to see everything you get. Below is a small list of the few things that are not included.

THE FOLLOWING IS NOT INCLUDED:
No Kegs or couplers are included. The Guinness tap handle, gold nitro faucet, and the large mixed-gas cylinder are NOT included. A local friend has already claimed those items- sorry! Also note that the center nitro tap was a dedicated cold-brew coffee tap, so it is up to you if you want that tap and its lines or not (some people, myself included, don’t like to mix beer and coffee through the same line). The pure nitrogen cylinder and regulator for that tap are not pictured and are not included.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20020.jpg
    20020.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 19019.jpg
    19019.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 18018.jpg
    18018.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 17017.jpg
    17017.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 278
  • 16016.jpg
    16016.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 3003.jpg
    3003.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 264
  • 5005.jpg
    5005.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 7007.jpg
    7007.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 258
  • 6006.jpg
    6006.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind words fellas!

New price- $2,750. At this price, you couldn't even buy the equipment and material to make it yourself. E-mail me!

TTT... Feel free to make reasonable offers, and please have a plan in place for moving it! Thanks!

Final price drop - $2,250.

If no one wants it at this price, I'll just keep it as a conversation piece, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back