7-Tap Black Iron Pipe Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigs166

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have begun the build! This kegerator is going to be a beast!
below are pics of all the components going into the project. also are pics of some of the custom work done to make this thing come to life.

comps (3).jpg

comps.jpg

comps1.jpg

comps (2).jpg

full pipe.jpg

the floor flanges had small 5/16" holes that just wont work for the bolts I want to use. So I had to break out the 3/4" cobalt bit and chew through these pigs!

flange bolt pit.jpg

non drilled hole.jpg

half drilled.jpg

fully drilled.jpg

bolt in flange.jpg

The top will have the pipe tap system along with some sheet metal and stainless drip trays.
The front and sides will be framed with 2x4s and then have some corrugated roofing panels and decorative acacia wall panel (to cover the 2x4 framing).

sheet metal.jpg

trays.jpg

roof panel.jpg

acacia.jpg

Very very cool. Are you leaving the back open to maintain adequate cooling for the condenser coils?

Yes the back will remain open. I got a chest that had the ventilation in the back. That deco acacia wall panel will will cover the entire wall behind the kegerator as well (accent wall). So it will look like it's built off of the wall (kind of).

Great build! Nice job on the head. Glad everything came together. How's the cooling working?

Please don't tell me you did all that work and went with cheap faucets. That deserves Perlicks.

I appreciate the observation... Just wasn't in the budget for the initial build. I figured that the taps are the easiest thing to upgrade down the road so ill have to get by with these for now. Don't worry the fancy homemade tap handles are going on tomorrow and they should snazz things up!

I will warn you that those kind will stick like a son of a ***** if they sit for a few days with no beer going thru them.

Keep an eye in the for sale section here I got 6 or 7 of my perlicks thru there for cheap.

Would like to do something similar to this, but use a collar instead. Will check back to see the finished product, looks great!

That pipe is awesome!

Are you going to stain the wood similar to your floor?

Thanks a lot!!! There is a picture on the first page (post #5) that shows the decorative acacia wall panel that will go on to finish it. the wall panel will cover the entire wall behind it as well. ill also be putting some acacia stairnosing on the top to complete the lid. I cant wait till the deco stuff gets here. Its going to look SICK!

You should of done negative space numbers. Burnt everything except the numbers .Maybe a nice sanding. Just my two pennies. Everything else I like.

Sammy, really nice job! I love it. Mike stopped by today and showed me some photos. I had to look and see for myself.

Coach, in Chesapeake Beach

Sammy, really nice job! I love it. Mike stopped by today and showed me some photos. I had to look and see for myself.

Coach, in Chesapeake Beach

Thanks a lot Coach!! All that training we did really paid off! I couldn't have done it without ya! Can't wait for the next brew.
See you soon.

I love the black pipe. I've been wanting to build out my keezer for a while and that's what I want to use. Where did you get the pipe, what size is it and where did you get it machined?

Your build looks sweet too.

I love the black pipe. I've been wanting to build out my keezer for a while and that's what I want to use. Where did you get the pipe, what size is it and where did you get it machined?

Your build looks sweet too.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your interest. I got aall of the pipe from Grainger.It is 3" black iron pipe. I asked everyone at Grainger if they knew someone who could do the work and they pointed me to a machinist that does it as a hobby.

Cool, thanks. Did you go to the Grainger on Dover? And do you if the machinist would be willing to do some more? I'm right in Rockville so being able to maybe get this all done locally would be awesome.

No room inside for your "Grainger" box o beer?

It's a rusticly beautiful yet functional piece that no proper home should be without.
Where do the kids sleep now?;)

Back