7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Outbreak Would Fail (Quickly)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7 - predators - it assumes dogs etc. would want to eat them. If they smell like death, not too likely. Animals have pretty good sense with food.

6 - heat - assumes that bacteria can survive what zombiefied the zombie, or that they will lose water similar to humans

6 (again) - cold - I can see this one.

5 - biting - assumes biting is the only vector. lots of icky flying stuff off a dead z

3 - (no 4) - healing - they can't heal, but when they can make more, so what. a half z in a field is just as, or more dangerous as you can't see it.

2 - barriers - I can see this one too. Wouldn't take many dead zombies in a pile to climb a wall. How many for a mountain?

1 - Humans - of course, that is the fun of thinking about the zombpocolypse.

It would fail quickly if it were an old style zombie outbreak. The new intelligent rabies style outbreak made popular by 28 Days Later and Left 4 Dead would be another matter.

fellow brewers..... just place a carboy with belgian yeast type forbidden fruit in a non-vented area and invite the neighbors.... zombie march par excellence

One Logical Reason OP Woudln't Survive World War Z:

1) He believes linked article.

Grab your guns. They be comin...

I just recently saw I am Legend for the first time - not technically zombies, but same idea. I hate horror movies (didn't know this was about zombie/vampires) but thought it was a really well done picture. Two thumbs up!

that was a great movie. my GF flat out refuses to watch it because someone tipped her off that he killed a GSD in it... what a wussy..

That is a tragic scene for any dog owner/lover to watch, but it is still a pretty good movie.

I also agree with the person who mentioned 24 days later, that is a whole new kind of scary zombie. They don't overwhelm with numbers, slowly moving toward you, they run at you, bat sh*t insane, and rip you apart. Also, it only takes some of their blood getting on you to make you a zombie, so that sucks.

Back