7 gallon round cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backsaw13

Reaction score
I see many posts about the 5 gallon round coolers and 10 gallon round coolers, but has any one used this 7 gallon cooler as a MLT?

I don't plan on doing more than 5 gallon batches for quite some time, should this allow enough room to do the bigger beers? I have not found the 10 gallon version in my area yet.

I just did a batch of double IPA (6.25 gallons) and I pretty much used up the space in a 48qt cooler with 20lbs grain and water. I think you are limiting yourself with 7 gallons.

As far as the 10 gallon goes, Ace Hardware keeps them in stock for $50. Home Depot has them in stock sometimes for $40.

I have the 7 gallon rubbermaids, and love em. They're the same diameter at the 10g's but a little shorter, I use a false bottom. There is plenty of room for 5 gallon batches, I did a porter with a 1.075 gravity and had plenty of room. I bought mine from Walmart too, but they were $30 last summer.

Back