7.5 gallon pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew2

Reaction score
i know this is stupid.Why does a 7.5 gallon pot only have a marking to only 6 gallons?

7.5 gallons is likely the max capacity "to the rim", so they probably don't expect you to boil more than 6 gallons of liquid in it.

That said, I regularly boil 6.5 gallons in mine.

You will always want a bigger, better pot. I have an aluminum 7.5 gallon turkey fryer pot, works fine, 6.5 gallons with a spray bottle and oven mitts for the first 15 minutes or so is the only drawback.

Damn wish I got the 10 gallon on

Oh, you will. You will.
at some point in the the future the beer universe will decide its time. That 10 gallon pot will arrive at your door, money will disappear, its not really your choice.

One does not buy the pot, the pot moves in and bills you.:D

and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you least expect it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the pot will demand a valve. :eek:

Brew2 said:
i know this is stupid.Why does a 7.5 gallon pot only have a marking to only 6 gallons?

Plus you really don't want a boil over. They heat break can happen really fast lol

Latest posts

Back