630SS counter pressure bottle filling adapter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
As many of you may know, someone on here sold a bottle filling adapter for the 525 perlick faucet. This worked great! However the 630SS has a slightly smaller diameter faucet. Does anyone know of anyone selling a similar part? I dont want to lose the ability to fill off of the keg like I can with my 525SS faucets!

I saw these but was concerned that this would leak and not allow true counter pressure filling. Do you own one of these? If so can you confirm that it will counter pressure fill bottles (obviously you you have to hold the piece in the faucet, but I am concerned about the beer leaking around the o rings.)

Sorry, I missed that requirement in your original post.

No idea if that would work for that without needing three hands...

Cheers!

Currently I use one hand to hold in the part and turn on/off the faucet and the other hand is on the stopper in the bottle slowly bleeding pressure.

So, you're not actually using a counter-pressure bottle filler, either...

Cheers!

Not sure how you figure that. Its not one of those fancy contraptions but it works in almost exactly the same way. I let it flow into the bottle until the flow completely stops then slowly release air by pressing on the side of the stopper.

I "figure that" because an actual, real-life counter-pressure filler has a couple of valves that would be difficult to actuate with a single hand - while the other is holding the faucet adapter.

You have no bottle purge function, you aren't maintaining the carbonation pressure, you're just doing a hopefully quiet, non-turbulent bottle fill using a tube.

That's not counter-pressure filling.

So that's how I "figure that"....

Cheers!

Really what he described is the bmbf (biermucher bottle filler) which is a response to the beer gun / cpbf - in the thread "we don't need no stinking beer gun" (I have most likely messed up the actual member and thread names!)

What I don't get is what the OP was using on his 525, since what day tripper post is what I would call the "bottle filling adapter for the 525" and if the 525 one worked well why would the 630 be any different and need confirmation that is works?

Right, and that was fairly evident early on, the hint being his old bottle filler worked with the first gen Perls without needing three hands to manage...

Cheers!

Diameter of the fitting. The 6-series faucets have a different spout ID...

Cheers!

OK, I am aware of that, I have both series faucets and their respective growler fillers as well :D

The first couple of posts from the OP made me think that what he originally had for the 525's was something fancier and specific to filling bottles...

Thanks

OK, I am aware of that, I have both series faucets and their respective growler fillers as well :D

The first couple of posts from the OP made me think that what he originally had for the 525's was something fancier and specific to filling bottles...

Thanks

No its basically the same thing and you're right its not TRUE counter pressure but it does help with foam reduction and carbonation loss. I am not pressurizing the bottle with CO2 before filling like with a true counter pressure filler.

Poptarts, thank you that is the exact info that I needed! Will order one now!

I have the same growler filler for 630SS. It fits perfectly in the faucet with no leaks. It isn't a counter pressure filler, but you could probably use the adapter to build a counter pressure filler.

I have the same growler filler for 630SS. It fits perfectly in the faucet with no leaks. It isn't a counter pressure filler, but you could probably use the adapter to build a counter pressure filler.

Right, currently I have a very similar device for my 525. I attach the barbed end to a hose that is attached to a stainless steel wand that has a stopper on it. I then insert the filler into the faucet and then place the wand in the bottle with the cork snug onto the top. Then I open the faucet and beer flows into the bottle, it then stops once the pressure is equalized. Then you slowly burp the stopper at the top and beer begins to flow again. This reduces the ammount of foaming that happens and in my experience you get less loss of carbonation VS a beer gun setup.

So why did you think the 630 version might not work when the 525 one has?

None, bottle filler fits inside growler filler perfectly, nice and snug.

Thanks.

I have a tower though so there won't be room for just the growler filler and bottle filler. I'll need a length of hose to go from growler filler to bottle filler. It looks like the growler filler comes with 3/8" line which should fit my plastic bottle filler. So I should be good to go.

Back