62QT Kettle on turkey fryer burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flee15

Reaction score
I have been using the Cajun Injector turkey fryer setup shown here for about a year.

It has served me well after removing the timer, but only came with a 7.5 gallon pot. The burner has a lip around the edge to keep the pot from sliding off.

I received a 62qt bayou classic kettle for Christmas. Obviously this is much wider than the old pot and now sits on top of the 'lip'. My concern is that the frame may not be strong enough to support the larger kettle. Especially if I decide to do a 10 gallon batch.

Does anyone have experience with this? Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new burner? Then use the current one to heat strike water? TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
My 40 qt hangs over the lip as well, and I have no problem with supporting it, or heating it. I agree with the water test, cold water, shake, slide. Hopefully niether one will happen. My turkey fryer has straps to keep the legs from bowing out, does yours?

EDIT: I just saw the picture of yours, and mine is square. I don't know what to say next...

I use a turkey fryer with my keggle and have done 10 gallon batches on it. I'm sure it will hold up just fine.

Thanks for the replies. I will do a cold water test first. The sq14 is only about $50 so I might spring for one of those to be safe and use to old one to heat water in the smaller pot.

So, did you try it out? I have a similar burner - thinking of picking up a larger kettle, but don't want to have to buy a new burner.

Back