61 Hours and Counting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillPall

Reaction score
Okay, I wouldn't say anything if I weren't so delusional. Thanks to finals, I've been up for 61 hours as of 1 am central. I'm also drunk now. Whoohoo!

Anybody else have some finals that they pulled all-nighters to get through? Anybody else just drunk, haha?

I know I will sleep well tonight.

heh, working on an all nighter right now, not drinking though, maths doesnt get along well with alcohol, if it were philosophy or something though...

heh, working on an all nighter right now, not drinking though, maths doesnt get along well with alcohol, if it were philosophy or something though...

I'm sorry to say, but I'm actually done with my finals. Good luck! Christmas is always a disguised blessing... I mean... A pain in the ass. :mug:

I finished mine middle of the week......Operating systems, and Programming Languages.....

This Spring semester its Software Engineering, Discrete Math, and 2 Management classes...

F'n A! Everyone is done with exams before me. Last day of classes was the 3rd and I have the worst exam schedule in the University (seriously, I checked) cramming in 4 exams on right at the end.

Everyone's giving me the "At least you have time to study" BS, but **** that noise, I just want them over with, giving me time to stress doesn't help.

Back when I was a student in the previous millenium, they made us walk to our finals in snow, uphill. You young people don't know how easy you have it - and we didn't have your fancy computing devices either . . . .

And stay off my lawn!

Back when I was a student in the previous millenium, they made us walk to our finals in snow, uphill. You young people don't know how easy you have it - and we didn't have your fancy computing devices either . . . .

And stay off my lawn!

You must have gone to the same college and my grandpa...:mug:

Being done with finals already is pretty fast. I thought i was getting out early, and I am done Tuesday at 9:00pm....

Being done with finals already is pretty fast. I thought i was getting out early, and I am done Tuesday at 9:00pm....

Yeah, I somehow got "lucky" and had all my finals on the first two days.

I know one thing. Last night was some of the best sleep I've ever had. I didn't know it was even possible to stay up that long.

Yeah, I somehow got "lucky" and had all my finals on the first two days.

I know one thing. Last night was some of the best sleep I've ever had. I didn't know it was even possible to stay up that long.

I can't stay awake and be functional for that long... my brain shuts down after about 12 hours of studying.

What were your exams on?

I had Discrete Structures, Assembly Programming, Principles of Programming Languages, Fund. of Engr. Mechanics, and Differential Equations. What about you?

Advanced Calc (Multiple Integrals up to PDE's,) Mechanics II (Dynamics,) Statistics and Measurement Devices and a joke course which is Economics and the Environment.

I had some strange courses this semester and I've figured out that Canadian schools do things very oddly, I also had to take a course from the Faculty of Education that was Communication in Engineering which was basically resume structuring and basic problem solving. I'm just hoping that some/most of them will transfer next semester when I head to URI for Ocean Engineering, but my GPA gets reset regardless :D

You're a braver man than I taking on all that programming, but I rather enjoyed Diff Eq last semester and the little I also had this semester. You're in Software or Electrical?

hehe sounds like my last semester...

i could go for a GPA reset...

Trust me, depending on how this Dynamics exam goes, it will likely be a much needed reset, my prof is a born GPA killer: she habitually fails 35% of the class! No joke.

Regardless, I'm stoked to be headed to a US school, and for a program I'll be much more passionate about. :mug: :mug: :tank:

I gotta say, Assembly programming sucks!!!

Our teacher never used a computer in the class at all.....All the examples he put on the board did not work.........

And then when I had a problem with something he wanted, he couldn't help me.....

I gotta say, Assembly programming sucks!!!

Our teacher never used a computer in the class at all.....All the examples he put on the board did not work.........

And then when I had a problem with something he wanted, he couldn't help me.....

Same thing here. Although ours used a computer, he had no idea how to open a document from inside Word. And he refused to compile and run anything because he knew it would fail the way he wrote it. I made a D in that class. I'll definitely be asking for some grade forgiveness this semester. :(

Doesn't sound like Computer Science departments have changed much in 25 years. When I was teaching at CSU Fullerton, I bid on setting up the new PC lab. The tenured DRPHD who got the task didn't own a personal computer, had never done anything with networks and didn't know a word processor from a Cuisinart. But he thought he would have fun learning.

Doesn't sound like Computer Science departments have changed much in 25 years. When I was teaching at CSU Fullerton, I bid on setting up the new PC lab. The tenured DRPHD who got the task didn't own a personal computer, had never done anything with networks and didn't know a word processor from a Cuisinart. But he thought he would have fun learning.

Tenured being the key word there. My step mother works as a teacher (albeit high school), and even she doesn't completely agree with tenure. If you're competent, you should be able to keep your job, and if the administration would hold to their promises you wouldn't have anything to worry about.

At any rate, I wish my money was paying for something more than some old hack to give me a bad grade for writing a solution he can't understand the code to. One more thing, I don't want to sound like all my teachers are hacks. Almost all of my teachers are extremely intelligent and helpful, but it only takes a few bad ones to ruin my trust.

Back