60q stock pot from Royal Palm.... DENIED!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackson_d

Reaction score
Did anyone else get a phone call from Royal Palm today baout how they sold out of the $42 60q stock pot?! He said he didnt know why, but they sold 20 last week and only had about 15 left, and they arent getting anymore... Boo! Anyways, led me to wonder, if I want to do 10g full boils, how much should I add to account for evaporation, and do I really need a 15g (60q) pot?

I usually aim for eleven gallons when I do my ten gallon batches because you usually lose a little bit to cooling shrinkage, trub, racking and hydro samples. My pre-boil volumes are usually about 13.5 gallons. You want to leave a little space so you aren't constantly boiling over. I would stick with 15 gallons or more.

I first posted Royal Palm on 3-4 so you had almost 3 weeks to get your order in. I'm thinking they will have more later. Just keep checking back. BTW I am very happy with my 40 qrt & will probably order a 60 when they get some in stock.

I first posted Royal Palm on 3-4 so you had almost 3 weeks to get your order in. I'm thinking they will have more later. Just keep checking back. BTW I am very happy with my 40 qrt & will probably order a 60 when they get some in stock.

Hey Hey! I certainly asked the guy this question fellas.. He told me that they had like 30 pots in stock for about 3 years. He said they hadn't sold ANY of them for about 3 years. Then all of a sudden 2 weeks ago they flew off the shelves and they didnt know why. I asked if they would be getting more in stock. He said 'NO' because since three years ago they have started selling only table cloths and place settings as opposed to kitchenware. The price on those pots was so spectacular because they had priced them at wholesale in order to move them, which they have now done, and now they WILL NOT be restocking any cookware.... BOO! Fron now on this website is only place settings for banquets, and he promptly refunded my money and said NO MORE kitchenware! I even told him about HBT, he sounded impressed and grateful, but re affirmed me that they WILL NOT be re stocking any cookware.. BOO-UNRS!

Maybe you need to call Royal Palm and collect your commision. Sounds like you earned it:ban:

Thanks for turning us on to it BTW.

I'm not surprised this deal is no longer available. The past few days I wondered not "if" but "when" this was going to dry up. Most often when you find something selling "below market" there is a reason...clearance...limited supply, etc. I guess we got our answer.

Wow.. I must have gotten the last one! I ordered on 3/22 and have shipping info and a tracking #. Its crazy to think they have been sitting around for 3 years and it only took 3 weeks to sell them out once HBT got wind of the deal.

I ordered the 40qt and it came in today, or so says FedEx. :ban: I'll have to wait until I call her to find out. Too, bad about them no longer selling these things. Someone could really make some money if they could get a steady supply of these pots and sell them at those prices. If they only knew how many brewers there really are and how sick our addiction is...:drunk:

Back