6 gallons of beer on the floor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildGingerBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I planned to bottle 12 gallons of beer today. 6 gallons are in the bottle and 6 gallons have been soaked up by towels, paper towels, mops, brooms, etc...! :mad::mad: SH**TY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad: Broken Better Bottle, broken beer bottles and 6 gallons of what was going to be an awesome Brown Ale, fermenting for 4 weeks, all over the damn floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND this beer was going to win category 10C in the HBT Brew Contest! So you can all breathe a sigh of relief if you are entering that category! :mug: Oh well, s**t happens I guess. I was able to bottle my other entry, I have another beer fermenting and I am brewing tomorrow, so I guess I will still be able to enter 2 brews.

And one more time, just to get it off my chest, SSSSSSHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm going to get drunk and forget about it! :drunk:

Well, it sort of got knocked off the counter when I was moving it. The whole bottom broke out so they are definitely not shatter proof!!!!!! On the bright side, it smelled really good in my kitchen for awhile!!

AND this beer was going to win category 10C in the HBT Brew Contest!

Whew - he didn't see me ninja into Texas and poke his better bottle with a poison dart so it would break after I used an EMP to knock it off the table. Looks like 10C is mine :D

In all seriousness, sorry to hear about your loss; I'll spill a little 10C for you tonight in you and your beers honor :mug:

Thanks for all of the sympathy! What crappy day. However, Karma made it up to me yesterday with one of the best brew days of all time!

Good luck with your 10C AZ!

I have done that. But that can be stopped. Once that carboy has begun to topple and you can't get to it, there is nothing you can do! I would be much happier if I only lost 1 gallon due to an open spigot! haha

I have racked my beer before and ran upstairs to get a clean bung and airlock and come back to find the tubing fell out of the secondary and a gallon has spilled, but never 6 gallons. I would freak out as well!

A few months ago I was cleaning out my immersion chiller by running hot water through it with the outlet tube draining in the sink. Well I went into the other room for 10 minutes or so and when I came back the outlet tube had moved on its own out of the sink and flooded the entire kitchen. The sink was basically just pouring on to the floor. It flooded out of my kitchen and soaked the carpet in the hall which we had to replace. Swmbo was so pissed it was ridiculous. At least it wasn't beer though, right?

Back