6 Gallon Glass Carboy for $30 Shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

724b

Reaction score
6 Glass Carboy for $30 Shipped...
Homebrew Finds: It's Back - 6 Gallon Glass Carboy $30 Shipped!

I'm sure someone is going to notice that this is available for backorder.

The, direct from Amazon, $30 option was just added back to this product page. When I ordered one of the two of these that I have, shipment time was quoted as something like 7 weeks. It shipped a few days after ordering. I've watched this product for a long time and gotten a lot of feedback about it. Quoted shipping times on this product are notoriously over stated and inaccurate. This thing is just coming back online in Amazon's system and my gut is it will ship relatively quickly.

there are deals like this on amazon fairly regularly.

i have 6 of them and have no complaints. quality glass, pretty sturdy packaging. usually only takes 2-4 days to ship in my experience. only wish it was 6.5 gallons...

if you are in the market for it, i definately recomend this one.

I have 2 now that I replaced my buckets with as prims.

With a 6 gallon carboy...do you need a blow off tube? Or is there enough clearance with a 5 gallon batch that you don't need one? I was looking at this pretty hard and would love to order 1 or 2 but if it requires a blow off tube...etc it may be more of a mess to deal with vs just using a 6.5 gal plastic bucket.

Thank you.

With a 6 gallon carboy...do you need a blow off tube? Or is there enough clearance with a 5 gallon batch that you don't need one? I was looking at this pretty hard and would love to order 1 or 2 but if it requires a blow off tube...etc it may be more of a mess to deal with vs just using a 6.5 gal plastic bucket.

Thank you.

hard telling what any given fermentation will do, they can blow out a 6.5 gallon bucket too or you could get a 2 inch krausen in a 6 gallon carboy.

Mine arrived completely smashed. Thanks UPS.:mad:

7825-broken-carboy.jpg

Back