• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania 5lb Steel CO2 tank w/ regulator : Lancaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorGodOfThunder

Reaction score
A while ago I got really enthusiastic and bought a bunch of kegging stuff. Now I realize I won't ever use some of it.

I have a 5lb steel CO2 tank I'd like to sell. I don't know how to read hydro test stamps, but I'm pretty sure its out of date. This shouldn't be a problem, depending on where you fill it. I've never filled it, but when I bought it there was a bit of gas in it that I used to push out a keg for bottling. Other than that I've never touched the thing, it has just collected dust in my garage.

I have a regulator as well that I can sell with or without the tank. Full disclosure: when I bought it the high-pressure gauge was a little bent inside and a little rusty outside. I took it apart, flattened out the gauge face, and painted the housing green (because it is what I had handy). It has always worked for me and the gauge reads as accurately as my other regulators.

I'll add pics as soon as my phone is done updating (i didn't think it would take this long... over an hour and only 30% downloaded). I won't entertain any offers until I get the pics up. I would have waited until I could post pics but I've been meaning to list this for ages and I finally remembered.

I honestly haven't a clue what this stuff sells for, especially the steel tank. I saw that Midwest has re-certified 2.5lb tanks for $50, so I'm thinking $30 for my 5lb..?
New regulators are in the $50-70 range on Midwest, and ~$40 used on ebay, so $25 for mine due to the fixed-up damage...?
If you want both we'll work something out.

I'd be happy to ship it, but the buyer would be responsible for the cost. I live in Lancaster County, but I don't mind driving a little to meet somewhere if someone local wants it.

Interested in both.... Have any pics? I would pick up if your not too far. Selling any kegs?

Stupid flippin phone. After all of that time the download failed anyway. The good news is that I now have the pics!

I think this is the hydro test stamp?

Sorry, no kegs. I do have another regulator or two somewhere, but I have no idea exactly where they are.

Newark isn't too awful far, we could meet in Cochranville if you are interested. Its a little closer to me than you, but there is a big stretch of no-man's land in the southern part of PA.

might be interested if this falls through.
i'm just west of Reading, so I'm very familiar with PA's no-man's lands!

Interested in one of the extra regulators if you stumble upon one. Live in sc so would need it shipped. Thanks, marc

I'd be happy to ship it, but the buyer would be responsible for the cost. I live in Lancaster County, but I don't mind driving a little to meet somewhere if someone local wants it.

====

After the last bump I got a few PMs, I'll get to everyone in the order they arrived in my inbox, and I'll post if anything is sold.

Thanks for the interest.

edit:
SOLD, thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back