5L Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genexxa

Reaction score
I have a 5L keg at home and I'm wondering if I could use it for the bottling instead of real bottle. There's is no tap on it just a rubber cap on top to seal the keg.

I'm not sure if this is a decorative thing?

Something similar to this! Here

if it can be capped and sealed to the point where it can hold pressure, then you can use it as big arse bottle. Just a warning, when you open it, you'll need to drink it all before the carbonation dissipates

I'm pretty sure that it will hold pressure... and where I can get a tap to serve the beer...

heh heh... thats the problem. They most likely dont make a tap for it.. or if they do its some built in tap/spicket thing. Can you get a photo of it?

I'm not sure if this will fit on the keg you have, but if it will fit, it works great because you put a little CO2 cartridge on the end and it will keep the beer fresh and carbonated. That way you don't have to drink it all at once.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=4906

I've had pretty good luck with it so far. It's not nearly as good as a full kegging system (as far as I can tell), but it works well if you have limited space/money.

Damn that's expensive...probably discontinued because no one would buy it for that price.

I only paid $25 for the exact tap 10 years ago and $6 for another last month off of the German eBay. I also have a 3rd one that uses CO2 cartridges.:D

Bungs can still be purchased for it.

Back