5cu ft freezer at lowes for 159

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackjama

Reaction score
Lowes has a 5 cu ft freezer for $159 delivered free. I have a spot where this will just fit in my tv room. Do you think I could get two 5 gallon kegs in this?

Oh yeah.....definitely.

My converted kegerator is sitting 3 feet away from me as I type.
Dual tower with two ball lock kegs serving.

I've got 2 ball locks, 20 lb gas tank and 2 peels through a 3 inch collar with an "look up" eBay stc1000 controller in a RS box on top. I love my Lowes159 dollar freezer.

Thanks

It has a five star rating. It sounds like a great buy. I have a spot where it fits perfectly.

Anybody want to post some pictures?

I have this one. It's been running for a year and a half so far. It will hold 3 5-gallon cornies (with a 10" collar) without a problem. It will also hold 2 cornies and a 1/6 keg. If I were doing it again I'd go a little bigger, but it's fine for 3 taps.

I trolled the scratch and dent section of lowes for about a month and got mine for under $100. It had a little ding on the top.

Nice catch. Can anyone tell me if it will hold two 6-gallon fermenters if I wanted to use it exclusively as a fermentation chamber?

chally said:
Nice catch. Can anyone tell me if it will hold two 6-gallon fermenters if I wanted to use it exclusively as a fermentation chamber?

I am looking to do the same right now...
I looked at a 5cu @ home depot yesterday. I don't think it can hold two.

I bought a frigidaire 5 cu ft freezer from best buy for $159 last week and has to return it because it wouldn't fit 2. Ended up buying a frigidaire 9 cu ft one at lowes for $329 and it will fit at least 5 maybe 6 and 2 5lb co2 tanks without a collar

IMG_02931.jpg

I got lucky, when I went to buy it they were on sale for Memorial Day for about $10 off, then I got a military discount. It will fit 2 cornies, 5lb CO2 and a 2.5 gal keg w/o a collar (but I bet the hoses would be really tight!)

I put a 1x4 collar and have it set up for 2 cornies, a 2.5 gal and a 10lb CO2 tank. The tower adds expense and makes the conversion harder...I only did it because my space is so small and I have small children, I wanted the taps up and back out of the way. Just putting the faucets through the collar would have been way easier and cheaper.

Sadly, they re-designed the compressor hump. The old ones would fit 3 5 gals on the floor. With the current model and a 10" collar, you could get 4 kegs in there...CO2 would have to be outside.

I also have the 5cuft from Lowes. Great little keezer. Sometimes I wish for a 7 or 9 but that's just greed :drunk:. I can fit 3 pin locks w/ a 10" collar and a huge Japanese CO2 bottle outside.

IMG_1347.jpg

It's the holiday model. The 7 cu foot is also199. You have to put the items in your basket to see the sale price.

I ended up buying 7.2 cu ft Kenmore from sears. It was $176 plus tax. I bought online 5% discount plus found a promo code for $10. Ordered and picked up at local sears.

Back